RSVP (Retired and Senior Volunteer Program) offers adult volunteers aged 55+ quality opportunities to share their skills, interests and life experiences in response to a wide variety of community needs. The Central Iowa RSVP North office, which serves Hamilton County, is located in the Webster City Community and Senior Center, 749 2nd Street, Webster City. Contact Becky Koppen, RSVP volunteer coordinator at (515)832-2525.
– “A Walk in the Park” an inter-generational city beautification project. RSVP volunteers are encouraged to team up with a young friend to pick up trash together in the parks and trails of Webster City. Our kick-off date is Saturday, June 1. Trash bags, plastic gloves and pick-up sticks will be available at Fuller Hall. The value of the hours spent by RSVP volunteers on this project will be counted as in-kind money toward the Webster City Community and Senior Center fund. This will be an on-going project throughout the summer.
– Webster City Community Gardens-All Cultures Equal has 10 raised beds of vegetables. Need volunteers to weed and pick produce throughout the summer.
– Wilson Brewer Museum Complex and Visitor Center-volunteers are needed to do recording of artifacts, light cleaning, and giving assistance at special events.
– Crestview Nursing and Rehabilitation Center-male volunteer is needed to spend time one-on-one with male residents, also someone to help with activities with a hearing-impaired resident.
– Meals on Wheels – looking for people willing to substitute for regular route drivers to deliver meals, routes run Monday through Friday, 11:15 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.
– Summer Nutrition Program-helpers with summer lunches for students. Hot lunches will be served to students K-12 at the Webster City Middle School starting June 10, 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Volunteers are needed to help guide students, and assist with daily activities.
– Food Bank of Iowa mobile food pantry at Stanhope Community Center-volunteers are needed to assist with unloading and boxing up food 8 am to noon, June 15.
– Pen Pal Program-Webster City Middle School, Northeast Hamilton Elementary School – pen pals will be needed for next school year for WC fifth graders and SE Hamilton third graders.
– Reading Buddies-Pleasantview and Sunset Heights Elementary Schools and Webster City Middle School welcome reading buddies to read one-on-one with students. Starting late September 2013.